The Graduate School at North Carolina State University will host its “Fall Campus Visit” Program from November 12-14, 2017. The Visit NC State Program is designed to offer prospective graduate students, and particularly those interested in pursuing a Ph.D., an opportunity to visit the campus, at no cost, to learn more about the current research of faculty and graduate students, and to experience the quality of the graduate programs. This program initiated in 2000 as part of NC State’s former NSF Alliances for Graduate Education and the Professoriate (AGEP) project, this program is intended to help increase diversity in graduate education.
Prospective students will visit their graduate programs of interest and learn more about the graduate educational environment at NC State. Travel expenses are covered for all participants.
The deadline to submit an application is October 2, 2017.
Prospective Graduate Participant Benefits
- Interact with world-class faculty in your interested discipline and research interest
- Network with current graduate students and other prospective students
- Engage administrators on strategies for submitting a competitive application and how to secure funding
- Be exposed to research opportunities
Please see the agenda from the previous campus visitation program to get an idea as to what to expect during the program.
Prospective graduate students must possess a strong academic profile for the program they are interested in visiting.
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.25
- Be a sophomore through senior in college, an enrolled Master’s student, or an interested post-baccalaureate
- Demonstrate serious consideration to attend NC State University
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (international students currently enrolled in a higher education institution within the continental United States may be considered)
- Complete the entire application (including faculty recommendation, unofficial transcripts, and statement of interest)
To be considered in our selection process, interested students must submit all application materials by October 2, 2017. Applicants will be notified of decisions by October 12, 2017.
- Visit NC State Program Application
- Statement of Interest (500 words or less directed towards your graduate program of interest that indicates your research and/or professional interest and why you want to pursue these interests at NC State University)
- Letter of recommendation from faculty
- Unofficial copy of transcript (each institution attended)
- Current CV/resume
- Air or ground transportation (original receipts must accompany request for reimbursement)
- We will not reimburse checked luggage fees
- Lodging accommodations (double room occupancy)
- Meals while participating in the program
Click here to learn more about graduate programs at NC State.
Dr. David Shafer, Assistant Dean of the Graduate School